Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Jesus and Mamery

I was bout to blog about this , when I saw Joy's post a while ago. Here's my share Joy..

Gelo, Joaquin, my MIL and I were at SM Manila a while ago for a quick trip before dropping off my MIL at her place.

At SM, on our way to Tenderoast, I decided to check on St. Paul's Publications store. I was with Joaquin then, while Gelo and my MIL went ahead and ordered food. I am looking for a cross for little kids. Joaquin is really addicted with any image of Jesus and Mama Mary ( Mamery for him). I saw one at Php50, and its such a cutie with rounded edges pa.. but its in pink! Anuva! No stocks in Blue so i decided to check a few items. Joaquin kept pointing to Jesus everywhere! Tinitignan na talaga sya ng mga tao, and they commented, " Kilala mo pala si Jesus"..and the little boy said "opo.".. oh my, I am touched!

We went out of the store, and to my shock, he cried! As In cry to death! Jesus! pa din ng Jesus! while pointing at the store.. Aww.. So Gelo and my MIL asked why he's crying. I explained. I ended up asking Gelo for some money, and Joaquin and I went back to St. Paul Store.

I let him move around. Grabbing a few books, touching some images.. kissing Jesus.. and doing his own version of the sign of the cross! Wow! I asked him to get what he likes from the "estampita" stand.. the small images of Jesus and saints with prayers at the back.. Would you believe he got the following:

1 image of Mama Mary
1 image of Jesus (sacred Heart)
1 Image of Jesus at the cross
1 image of Sto. Nino

He had variety talaga. So I paid our bill and left the store. He was holding his small plastic til we get Tenderoast. I opened the plastic while waiting for or food. He immediatley showed everything to Gelo. As if reading the prayers at the back. My oh my! MIL said na baka mag priest later on.

It hit me.

Am I ready? Will I ever be ready?

They said that having a priest in the family is really a big blessing, and I have nothing against that , really. I will feel terribly blessed if Joaquin will have "his calling". I do hope he can live up with that.

Is priesthood something you can sense at an early age?

Or is this normal with some other kids? I can write a lot of stories about Joaqui and his love for Jesus....on how he would first notice an image of Jesus at any house we enter, at any place.. he can spot Jesus. He would love to stand in front of an image and stare.. or touch. He actually loves to just stay in front of Jesus. That makes him giddy happy. Really happy.

This early, we support his happiness..We are getting him a nice cross pendant. He already have one necklace with cross that's originally Gelo's own( yes, Gelo used it during his own baptism, and Joaquin used it during his baptism too) , but I saw a nice one in black.. hope the daddy will read this. Common, lets buy Joaquin a nice necklace, LOL! Palusot na naman! I even asked my cousin Dorxie, who is one of Joaqui's ninang to find a nice cross for Joaquin, something he can carry around. He is playing with my Lola's Antique cross and a few images here in the house.

Here's a pic of Joaquin a few months back yata.. embracing the Holy family while watching Barney. This is heavy , im telling you.




I hope and pray for the best. Thy will be done.

3 comments:

Vina P said...

hi peachy! touching naman story mo. i think kids, since they're pure, have an innate attraction to God. :-) my baby also love to kiss and hug our sto. nino and mama mary. one of her first words pa nga is jesus. but whether they'll carry on with this attraction is really up to the example given by us, the parents. have a great day!

Joy said...

peachy, lagi kong sinasabi pag me sakit si sandy, at least di sya pababayaan ng friends nya (papa jesus and mama mary). o diba, malakas tayo sa taas haha.

Mec said...

I hope this won't make you sad or scared... but my late nephew Pyro was like that too :) We don't know how or why but it seemed he was just really born with a sense of wonder and faith :)

Another nephew of mine is like that... he throws tantrums if they don't go to Church on Sundays :)