Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Diabetes 101

Wonder why I need to research more on diabetes?

When my husband had on / off fever a few weeks back, his urinalysis results showed a high amount of sugar in his urine. The doctor explained that in cases like this, the sugar is just too much that it comes out in a person's urine already. Since my husband's family has a strong history of diabetes, we had him scheduled for some blood sugar tests. I hope it's nothing serious for him. So I made a few online reading about the disease, and I never thought that there are types of diabetes, of course, something differs in their nature and prevention. I started reading more information about Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus , and I had some very useful information from Epocrates Online. It has a detailed and very easy to follow information about diabetes, from the basics, to diagnosis, treatment and follow up.It is always best to have even a little knowledge when it comes to our health.

“This announcement was paid for by Epocrates."

No comments: