Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Different Day

I have received a lot of compliments from fellow moms , relatives and friends already, telling me how "mabait" my little boy is. He is , actually. Sometimes, I can't help but compare him to other kids of his age acting indifferently. It's like I'm telling myself, "buti di ganyan si Joaqui". I feel grateful hearing those comments, and I feel blessed and lucky having him as my son. But you see, kids are kids, at a certain point, they tend to be sobrang malikot or stubborn . You all know by now that I am a hands-on, full time, yayaless mom. It is my vocation. I love what I'm doing and I feel so fulfilled with that.

Being with your child the whole time is tiring (and exhausting), that explains my weight loss I guess. Sometimes, I wanted to have even just 5 minutes of "ME" time. Like 5 minutes of silence just to bring back my sanity? I am not complaning though, I have come to embrace that everything is a part of motherhood.

Today, I had a hard time with Joaqui that I almost shouted and I felt like I'm gonna explode any minute. A part of me feels sad for that. I feel bad about myself. Oh well, I guess we all have our bad times , mine is today. My super powers of being "The Octopus Mommy" didn't worked today. *sigh*

The little boy is asleep now. I promise I'll make it up to him as soon as he's up.

5 comments:

Jane said...

dont feel bad peachy. there are really low times like this.

cheer up! bawa na lang :)

Me said...

hi peachy!

syempre tao lang tayong mga mommies, may temper din :D

pero i have to agree mukha talagang mabait and behave si joaqui ;)

Ozzy's Mom said...

peach, ur very lucky to be a sahm; if i can, i want to be one na rin. sometimes i get guilty when i work & joshua cries for his mommy. ahaaii
don't worry about it,all mom's have their moments of insanity when it comes to dealing w/ their kids esp toddlers! kaya mo yan. ikaw pa!

Joy said...

we all have our own share of insanities LOL. smile and have a break :)

♥SomethingPurple♥ said...

i feel the same peachy. mahirap maging stay at home mom at least ikaw natutukan mo si joaqui kaya kabisado mo eh ako nasa adjustment period pa kami dati may yaya siya and we were always playing lang pag nasa house ako, ngayon naninibago siya kasi may disciplining part na ako. hay mommyhood is the most noble work.