Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Credit Card Hunt

We were still in college when Gelo had his credit card. We seldom use it as we were still students then and we only save money from our allowance at school. When he started working, a lot of companies offered him a credit card with a lot of promotion, but it ended up that they have hidden charges. So we discarded the two others that he once had, and retain just one for emergency use.

Currently, I also wanted to have credit cards of my own. I am searching over websites that has good credit card offers where I can choose from. There's a lot of criteria that I need to consider before jumping unto any offer at the market. First off, it should be a low interest credit card. Who would like to have a high interest for your purchases right? Next is that, it should be accessible to apply for one. I need to get more information and apply online too so as to save time than going to the mall. Finding a good website that offer such services would be a great factor too. I usually settle household bills through the internet, so its great if my credit card application would go with that.

And lastly , I like the idea of instant approval credit cards. As you all know, I'm a stay at home mom, so most of the time, I don't have all the requirements that a credit card company would ask for. So if it is instantly approved, its a great deal for me. I don't need to go through a rough procedure just like any other company. I also saw that some credit cards are tied up with hotels and airline, where you can actually earn points everytime you purchase, now that is really rewarding.

Gelo is offering me for an extension of his credit card, and I might consider that. I'm actually reserving it for emergency cases. But knowing me, I might just use it for shopping. I think i need to read more about how to use credit card wisely, to avoid big debts soon. Let the credit card hunt begin !

No comments: