Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

seriously contemplating

I've been doing a lot or research over the net about asthma. Well, if you are reading my blog for quite a long time, you know by now that I am asthmatic. My son is asthmatic and Gelo was asthmatic then.

Even before I gave birth, I have a strong feeling that Joaqui will be asthmatic. I was right. His pedia is a pedia-pulmonologist at UST. Dra. Clara Reyes Rivera is now a Board Member of the Assoc. of Phil. Pediatric Pumonolgists. I know that my son is in good hands. Though he would often times visit doctora, ok na din. His attacks never led to hospital confinement. Only once last January, because he had high fever too.

It's not easy having an asthma....Especially for babies and little kids.

Joaqui had his 1st attack at 4 months old. Gelo and I were awake 24 hours. Imagine the burden for the parents too. He would sometimes take a leave from work if Joaqui has major attacks then. Thank God. Now, lesser attacks, mostly allergic rhinitis, hindi naman nag progress into asthma.

Now why am i saying these things?

Because I wanna help babies, kids and their parents. I am planning to have a website for "asthma free kids". Seriously.

I am still finding a way to put it up, with the help of other moms maybe. If you are interested, please let me know.

It takes a lot of knowledge to fight asthma or To fight an attack, or better yet, to control it.

I have lots of ideas, like toys for asthmatic babies/kids, pillowcases, pillows, blankies, house cleaning stuff. Haayy, madami kasi bawal sa hikain. Even proper way of telling people not to give your babies stuffed toys ( or anything na bawal so its not offensive or OA naman).. i wanna share and discuss it with other moms ( and dads). ideas..ideas...ideas..

So there, wish me luck :) I will also ask help from Joaqui's pedia. Together, let's fight Asthma!

No comments: